Sunday, September 11, 2011

The importance of understanding what's important..

As I sit here listening to all of the names being called out, it is hard to listen without shedding tears. Tears are a good catharsis.... and what we all need today is a catharsis of some sort. A way to let our emotions out, to understand it's ok to feel pain and other people's pain. So, while I haven't practiced in a couple of days because of a little stomach bug, I am hoping that my teaching today has some small little impact and can help people experience some kind of catharsis. I remember striving to take my yoga class soon after 9/11 and soon experiencing the joy of release and also proud to be alive.....

So while this is nothing compared to what people are experiencing who directly lost loved ones, I am hoping that the day I spend will help people in some small way...
So, let us remember all of the people who perished on9/11/2001 and the people who died for our freedom... So, I dedicate today to someone who I personally knew on b4 9/11,
Fireman Keith Glascoe
.http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2001/memorial/people/2219.html    

2 comments:

  1. Thank you taking the time to share your story. I read in one of my favorite books "Don't ever discount the wonder of your tears. They can be healing waters and a stream of joy. Sometimes they are the best words a heart can speak."

    Love and Light
    Sywann

    ReplyDelete
  2. So well written...I agree that tears can be both cathartic and therapeutic. They allow the body to release pent up emotions that could otherwise manifest into pain, stiffness, and disease. Thank you for sharing, and for your tribute to lives lost in the tragedy that was 9/11.

    ReplyDelete